Our PoliciesAll That Important Stuff You Need To Know
Boarding & Daycare
- All new clients must go through a FREE 3-5 hour orientation (half-day of daycare) prior to spending their first overnight at the kennel. During this time frame dogs will be observed and evaluated for participation in all our services (boarding, daycare, training).
- Prior to participating in services, owners must complete New Client Information & Release Forms and have current vaccination records on file.
- Clients provide their own dog food in a resealable, hard-sided container. If a dog runs out of food while boarding, WRCP will first attempt to contact the owner. If WRCP is unable to contact the owner or the owner is unable to provide additional food, WRCP will feed the dog our house kibble for an additional fee. Owners should be aware that a sudden change in food can result in gastrointestinal upset, including diarrhea, and WRCP prefers that dogs eat their regular food.
- If a dog is participating in daycare or daytime play groups while boarding, WRCP staff may remove the dog at any time if a behavioral issue should occur, and owners will be notified.
- If an injury or incident occurs during boarding, an Incident Report will be written and saved on file and discussed with the owner upon pickup of the dog. WRCP also attempts to contact the owner by phone if any incident occurs. The safety and well-being of the dog is always our primary concern.
- We do NOT accept intact female dogs in heat for boarding or daycare services.
- Dogs with significant illnesses, injuries, or recent surgical procedures that require extensive care are strongly encouraged to make alternate arrangements for boarding. If your dog must board with an active illness or injury, additional charges may apply.
- This does not apply to administering oral medication or supplements. We are happy to accommodate special dietary needs!
- In-person training evaluations required for custom programs, behavioral issues, and service dog teams.
- A written training plan for Board & Train and Private Lesson clients will be sent to you via mail or email. The training program can begin after the owner has given WRCP written or verbal agreement to the training plan, including cost and payment options.
- During a Board & Train program, the owner supplies the dog’s food, medications/supplements, and training equipment such as: collars, leashes, treat pouches, etc. WRCP will purchase the equipment for the owner, to be reimbursed upon pickup. WRCP will supply training treats during the duration of the B&T program
- Additional travel fees apply to lessons or evaluations outside of a 15-mile radius.
Payment & Refunds
- We require a valid credit card on file for all clients. This card may be used in case of emergency care, for any supply purchases necessary during a dog’s boarding or board & train stay, or if payment for services rendered has not been received within 7 days of completion.
- Dogs will not be released to clients until a payment is made in full, or other arrangements have been agreed to prior to pick up.
- Board & Train payments: A payment plan is available upon request. Exact dates and dollar amounts will be part of your written Training Plan (see above under “Training”).
- Private Lessons: Payment is required to hold your spot in a trainer’s calendar. For example, if you wish to schedule four lessons, you must pay for those four lessons to reserve your date and time.
- WRCP accepts cash, checks, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
- If a payment has not been received by a previously arranged due date, a $10 late fee will apply after 15 days of nonpayment, and an additional $5 late fee will apply every 30 days following.
- Any credit balance on an account will be used towards future services and will be honored indefinitely.
- In order to receive a refund, clients must request one either verbally or in writing (email is acceptable).
- If a refund is due, a refund will be issued to the card used to make a payment within 7-10 business days. If a payment was made by cash or check, a check will be issued and mailed to the mailing address on file within 30 days.
- Holiday deposits and Board & Train deposits are nonrefundable.
- We require 48 hours cancellation notice for boarding reservations during non-holiday hours. Failure to provide greater than 48 hours’ notice will result in 25% of the boarding invoice charged to the card on file.
- We require a non-refundable 25% deposit for all boarding reservations made within 1 week of a major holiday. The deposit must be paid within 72 hours of the time of the reservation in order to hold your spot.
- We require 24 hours cancellation notice for Training Lessons or Evaluations. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the lesson or evaluation price.
- If Wind River Canine Partners makes a cancellation/reschedule within 24 hours of a Training Lesson or Evaluation, customers will receive $20 off the following lesson.
- Please note that board & train deposits are nonrefundable but may be transferred to a different date. If a client reschedules a board & train more than twice, a penalty fee of $200 will be assessed.
- *Exceptions to these policies might be made due to inclement weather, family or medical emergency (human or canine), or by mutual agreement.
- Holidays include all major US Holidays (New Year’s, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) as well as Spring Break.